Please ensure the following items are included in the Video Alarm Tablet box shipped to you:
Video Alarm Tablet
Wireless access device
Wall mount (includes wall anchors, screws and mounting instructions)
10ft power cable and wall plug
Follow the steps below to set up the Video Alarm Tablet from start to finish.
Mount the Tablet
First, determine an area in your store to mount the tablet. Mounting instructions are included in the box.
Follow these guidelines when mounting the tablet:
Mount the tablet as close to the wireless access point as possible, to reduce network interference. The wireless access point can be run on cable so that it can be placed directly above / behind the tablet.
Mount the tablet at a height between 5ft 4in - 5ft 5in (floor to centerline of mount). This provides the best height for the front-facing camera to capture faces for audit events (when a user arms/disarms the alarm via the tablet).
Ideally, mount the screws into a wall stud or via the drywall anchors provided.
Place the tablet near major points of ingress/egress (where employees, delivery drivers enter and exit / where people could break in, near windows, etc.)
Place in an area that has good lighting overnight. The camera does not have any ‘night mode’ technology for dark areas.
Ensure the front facing camera is unobstructed. If placed correctly in the case, there will be no issues with obstruction. Where applicable, secure the tablet with a locking screw.
Connect to Power and Turn On
Ensure to plug the tablet into a secure power source with the supplied 10 ft USB-C cable. Alternatively, you can purchase a USB-C to PoE connector and power the device via this line.
Press the power button to turn the tablet on.
Once the system boots (which may take a few minutes), the tablet should automatically connect to the network of the wireless access point (assuming this device is powered on and showing data connection).
Create Tablet PIN in Solink
As an Admin User, navigate to Alarms > Alarm Configuration > Setup Arm / Disarm PIN within Solink.
To set up a PIN:
Select the Set Up Arm / Disarm PIN button:
Toggle the Set up with Tablet option to set up a PIN specifically for the Solink Alarm Tablet:
5. Create a 4-digit Phone Number Security Code. This code protects the tablet from receiving spam calls. When the user calls the tablet phone number, they must also type the security code to connect.
6. Configure the amount of seconds for Arm / Disarm Countdown (the amount of time you have to enter the PIN to disarm/arm before an alarm is created).
7. Select Save.
8. Select + Add New PIN.
9. Type a Name for the PIN and type the 4 digit PIN code you want to create.
10. Select what happens when the user enters the PIN to disarm the alarm system (either disarm the system until the next scheduled alarm period OR disarm for a set period of time, in minutes)
11. Select Save to apply the changes and create the new PIN.